Saturday 12 April 2008

Exhausted...

today i went for a table tennis tournament organised by cambridge chinese association which was held at Churchill college cambridge. I didnt know how to get there so I spent about 2hours getting there but thank god i wasnt late for my match. the college is located in the outskirt of cambridge and therefore would normally take about 1hour walking distance rather than 2.

as expected it was organised by the cambridge chinese association so they were all chinese expect for one englishman who came in the afternoon to take part in the men singles. women singles started first and followed by mixed doubles which i took part in with a lady that i met for the first time. she's doing her 2nd master degree now in cambridge and her first master was in edinburgh. we did quite well and went all the way into the finals which would be played tomorrow.

In the afternoon/evening we had men singles which i took part in. I went all the way through to the finals but was badly beaten and in the end got only a second place. the players were all university students and most of them were born in 1984.

i didnt feel very happy about the defeat and decided to walk about 40mins to parkers piece to play football for only 15mins. sigh...

tomorrow will be the finals which means that its my second chance to clinch the title. i hope i wont make any mistakes and win the match to mark another milestone in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.